March 23, 2017
Los Angeles, CA – USA
Los Angeles Convention Center
Level Two, West Hall – Room 518
The OIF will host a half-day workshop, open to the public, featuring subject matter experts from the OIF and an industry view by Alan Weckel of 650 Group.
The first half of this workshop will focus on the industry view and application spaces for the next generation interconnects, including Networking Trends and Cloud Scale applications. It is anticipated that requirements for these application spaces are characterized by a combination of parameters such as:
• loss budgets (distance, number of connectors),
• electrical and optical data rates,
• electrical channel properties,
• power constraints,
• equalization and retimers,
• mechanical constraints (faceplate density, etc.)
The second half of this workshop will focus on potential electrical link and interconnect technologies being developed to support serial data rates of 100 Gb/s and higher.
- OIF Members: $150.00 USD; Non-members: $200.00 USD (fee includes lunch). Methods of payment accepted: AMEX, MC, Visa.
- After March 17: Additional $25.00, based on available space.
- Cancellation Policy: To cancel registration and receive a refund (less 10% service fee), contact Kimberly Chiu at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 17, 2017.
OIF Members, click HERE to register.
Non-Members, click HERE to register.
12:00pm: Registration and Box Lunches
12:30pm: Intro – Tom Palkert, OIF PLL WG Electrical Vice Chair, Molex
1:00pm: Industry Analyst – Alan Weckel, 650 Group
Session 1 – User Demand
- High Level Systems – Katharine Schmidtke, Facebook
- Equipment Perspective – Andreas Bechtolsheim, Arista
3:00pm: Coffee break
Session 2 – Component Suppliers’ Vision
- Optics – Mark Nowell, Cisco
- SERDES/semiconductor – Bart Zeydel, Applied Micro
- Alternate Modulation – David Stauffer, Kandou Bus
- Copper cable/connector/PCB trace – Greg Walz, Molex
5:15pm: Wrap-up – Nathan Tracy, OIF VP of Marketing, TE Connectivity
6:00pm: Informal Networking at local bar and grill (TBD)