This project created an implementation agreement that serves as an extension to the Common Management Interface Specification (CMIS) specification, specifically targeting DCO modules and DWDM functions. C-CMIS provides the necessary management information for Digital Coherent Optical (DCO) modules in form factors including QSFP-DD, OSFP and COBO. The document is focused on supporting the OIF 400ZR implementation agreement. Future versions will include more complex Metro modules and may extend these management features to other form factors. Click here for more.
- July 1, 2020 – OIF Launches Optical Module Management Interface Survey, Solicits Industry Input
- April 29, 2020 – OIF Completes Coherent Common Management Interface Specification (C-CMIS) Implementation Agreement for Management of Digital Coherent Optics (DCO) Modules
- November 16, 2017 – OIF Announces Board Elections and New Project Starts
Survey – Webinar & Results
- July 30, 2020 – Public Webinar – Review of Survey Results
For more information, contact Karl Gass, Physical and Link Layer Working Group, Optical Vice Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on other OIF current projects, please see OIF Current Work
For public OIF Implementation Agreements, please see Implementation Agreements (IAs)
* Coherent Modem Management Interface- Members have requested that the industry combine the coherent modem management interface specifications [4″x5″ LH MSA, CFP2-ACO, CFP2-DCO, Flex-Coherent, etc.] into a standalone document. OIF leadership, in conjunction with the CFP MSA group, invited companies to participate in creating a complementary Normative document.