Leading the acceleration of the commercialization of transport SDN worldwide and transport network transformation for the 5G era, Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF), will bring new use cases and deployment scenarios into Telefonica’s lab to test multi-vendor interoperability of Layer 1 and Layer 0 OTN control using ONF T-API 2.1.3 and OpenConfig device APIs. The 2020 Transport SDN Application Programming Interface (API) interoperability demonstration builds on OIF’s previous transport API requirements and interoperability demonstrations which substantiated T-API as the northbound interface (NBI) of choice, establishing a foundation for open, programmable networks that allow network operators to efficiently deliver dynamic multi-domain connectivity services to the market.
A public read-out event will take place 12 January 2021 and a technical whitepaper will be available to the public in Q1 2021.
Public Read-out Webinar hosted by Lightwave
Tuesday 12 January 2021, 6:00-7:30am PST.
Register for free HERE.
The adoption of open optical networking relies in part on standard management interfaces and multivendor interoperability. This webinar will review the successful and insightful OIF Transport SDN API Interop Demo. OIF member network operators will present their views.
- Transport network evolution toward open optical networking
- Demo lab configuration and test cases
- Findings and observations
- Next steps
- NGON & DCI World Digital Symposium – Friday 04 December 2020 – 11:00-11:15am EST, OIF Speaker: Arturo Mayoral López de Lerma, Telefonica S.A
- ECOC – Monday 07 December 2020 – 17:20-17:40pm CET, OIF Speaker: Arturo Mayoral López de Lerma, Telefonica S.A
Vendors Consulting Network Operators
OIF representatives will give presentations on the current status of the 2020 OIF Transport SDN API Interoperability Demonstration at the below events: