The OIF is launching a survey designed to determine how the recently published Coherent Common Management Interface Specification Implementation Agreement (OIF-C-CMIS-01.1) is viewed by the industry and the level of industry alignment on and support for further standardization of optical module management. The subject of module management encompasses physical interfaces, communication protocols and management applications layers.
- The survey is available now and open to all who can act as a stakeholder and represent their company’s viewpoint – module vendors, system vendors, and network operators.
- Multiple responses per company are allowed.
- Responses will be collated anonymously and then evaluated by a dedicated survey evaluation team.
- There will be a public webinar on July 30, 2020 at 7am PDT to announce the results of the survey.
How to Participate
- Download the survey
- Send completed survey to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight PDT on July 21, 2020. Late submissions may not be included in the results.
Public Webinar – Review of Survey Results – Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 7am PDT
- Open to the public; there is no registration fee.
- Click HERE to register. You will receive an automated registration confirmation email. Please mark your calendar for this event. An Outlook calendar invite will be sent to registrants one week prior to the event.
- Deadline to register is July 28th. Late registration will not be available.
- Webex details will be sent to registrants.
OIF Launches Optical Module Management Interface Survey – Survey to gather industry opinion regarding evolution of optical module management – July 1, 2020