This project resulted in an implementation agreement for a 400ZR coherent optical interface. It is relevant for router-to-router interconnect use cases and is targeted at (passive) single channel and amplified DWDM applications with distances up to 120 km. This IA should ensure a cost-effective and long-term relevant implementation using single-carrier 400G, coherent detection and advanced DSP/FEC algorithms.
- April 29, 2020 – OIF Publishes Implementation Agreement for 400ZR Coherent Optical Interface
- May 8, 2019 – OIF’s Optical Masterclass Series at NGON to Include Updates on 400ZR, Common Electrical I/O, Flex Ethernet & SDN Projects
- February 20, 2019 – OIF Members to Demonstrate Interoperability of Industry’s Hottest Technologies at OFC 2019
- NGON & DCI World 2019 – May 21, 2019 at 8:00am
The Optical Masterclass Series – Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF) Panelists: Dave Brown, Nokia and OIF Director of Communications and Karl Gass, OIF Physical & Link Layer Working Group Vice Chair, Optical
- OFC 2019 – March 7, 2019 at 10:15am
OIF Panel on Showfloor: “400ZR Specification Update”
Moderator: Karl Gass, OIF PLL WG Vice Chair, Optical
Panelists: Josef Berger, Inphi; Mark Filer, Microsoft; Mark Stiller, NeoPhotonics; Marcus Weber, Acacia Communications
- OFC 2018
For more information, contact Karl Gass, Physical and Link Layer Working Group, Optical Vice Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on other OIF current projects, please see OIF Current Work
For public OIF Implementation Agreements, please see Implementation Agreements (IAs)